- We read the whole New Testament over the course of 8 weeks: that's about 12 pages a day (around 30 minutes of reading), five days a week for eight weeks.
- We use a special "arrangement" of the New Testament that removes some of the "extras" that tend to clog up our reading — things like chapter and verse numbers, headings, footnotes, etc. — so that we can hear the flow of the story rather than simply getting "nuggets" of text. Of course, all of the Bible text is there! It's the NIV translation. We're just taking away the extra additions.
- We gather once per week in community to share how God has spoken to us in our reading using five simple questions:
- What’s something you noticed for the first time?
- What questions did you have?
- Was there anything that bothered you?
- What did you learn about loving God?
- What did you learn about loving others?
That's it! Would you like to join us? Everyone is invited, whether you have been reading the Bible for years or whether you've never picked it up!
You can find more information here: cbe.covchurch.org. Or contact Pastor Luke with questions.
(Audio and ebook versions of the Bible are available for download. Hard copies will be available at the church. More information about gathering times/places is coming!)